We're back with another edition of Customer Spotlight, where we hear from the people using Amperity about how it lets them work their data magic.
Daniel in five:
- Data Engineer at BECU for the last year, and previously was in a similar role at TrueBlue
- Is an Amperity Admin, participated in the Sandbox beta, and actively works in the platform
- Drives a lot of the continued product enablement, including setting up new data sources and new tables (in Sandbox), as well as building, running, and editing segments. In January alone, he ran over 130 segments
- Co-led an Amperity overview to the internal BECU IT team which has continued to generate a lot of excitement in the organization
- Enjoys multiple hobbies together with his family: hiking in the trails around the PNW, traveling and camping and canoeing, skiing with his son, building and flying drones, board games and video games they can play all together
How does BECU use the data you’re enabling in Amperity?
We use the data to self-serve many of the tasks that we were dependent on other team members or manual processes for before we started using Amperity. We use Amperity to create a 360 view of our members and use this for activities such as business performance dashboards, marketing activation, and member outreach and service.
The Amperity Customer 360 has also given us a holistic view of the customer that tells us how our products are performing and how our members are engaging with us. It’s helped educate our employees with a more complete view of our members and allowed us to be more proactive in how we service them, providing each employee with a strong foundation of understanding our members.
What kind of teams use Amperity's Customer 360 (Amp360) and what action do they take from it?
A whole bunch of teams — my team in Data Engineering, and also Marketing, Analytics, and Member Assistance (customer service).
This most helpful use case we put into action allows our members to go to our website and fill out a form to learn more about things like new products (for example, our Seahawks credit card), COVID assistance, or other questions. This form feeds Amperity directly and then is sent to our member services team, giving them a direct line of sight to call these members back. It has automated a workflow that otherwise would have depended on using our valuable IT resources. Now, we can self-serve creating new workflows like this.